Questions

18 Oct. 24th, 2016 07:46 pm
tifaching: (alastair dean)
[personal profile] tifaching
Title: Questions
Character: Mary
Genre: episode tag, gen, drabble
Word count: 100
Summary:  Everyone's got questions

A/N: For the prompt "bold" at SPN 100 challenge on ff.net.  Tag to 12.02 so, spoilers


Mary can’t read the journal in one sitting.  Her fingers trace pigeon scratch handwriting, squinting through tears to decipher it.  Love cycles alongside sorrow, anguish and rage as John’s words fill in the blanks with horrors she never wanted for him or their children.

The boys deflect questions about life after John, peppering her with requests for stories about their time as a family.  She obliges, recognizing their hunger.  Castiel can catch her up, she’s sure.

Later, she starts her own journal, pencil strokes legible and bold.  If she vanishes as suddenly as she appeared, her children will know everything.

Date: 2016-10-25 06:48 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tifaching.livejournal.com
Indeed. :)

Title: Questions

Date: 2016-10-25 12:15 am (UTC)
ext_71888: (by by Angels)
From: [identity profile] koshweasley.livejournal.com
Wow, this is quite good. Nice emotions in so few words, and great imagery.

RE: Title: Questions

Date: 2016-10-25 06:49 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tifaching.livejournal.com
Thank you!

Date: 2016-10-25 01:33 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] kinkthatwinked.livejournal.com
Later, she starts her own journal, pencil strokes legible and bold.  If she vanishes as suddenly as she appeared, her children will know everything.

The show writers need to MAKE THIS HAPPEN, especially if they're ever cruel enough to kill her off again.

Great drabble, as usual. :)

Date: 2016-10-25 06:50 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tifaching.livejournal.com
I agree. And I hope the keep her around for a while...

Thank you!

Date: 2016-10-25 06:37 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] spnreversemod.livejournal.com
Oooh I like the idea that John's journal might inspire Mary to start her own account - plus the implication that she recognises the randomness of her being alive, and the uncertainty of life this time round.

Date: 2016-10-25 06:52 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tifaching.livejournal.com
I think there are things she might want to make SURE the boys know. And I imagine she might have given some thought to how fragile her return is. Especially since she landed back into a hunter's life.

Glad you enjoyed!

Date: 2016-10-25 07:41 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] milly-gal.livejournal.com
YES TO THIS!

Date: 2016-10-25 06:53 pm (UTC)

Date: 2016-10-25 10:32 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] madebyme-x.livejournal.com
Beautifully done!! I love the idea of Mary writing her own journal, and possibly sharing secrets that we don't know yet. Also I loved how you touched on her feelings about how she's here, and how it could all end just as suddenly. I'd like to see them all question that a bit more.

Thank you for sharing :)

Date: 2016-10-25 06:56 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tifaching.livejournal.com
Her exit might be as unremarkable as an ordinary hunter's death or there might be something more ominous in store. Or maybe nothing bad will happen at all (no, really, it could happen)(oh, who am I kidding).

Thank you for reading, I'm happy you liked it!

Date: 2016-10-28 01:13 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] amypond45.livejournal.com
Wow. I love the idea that Mary is self-aware enough to prepare for her own "disappearance." Kudos times one thousand for this!

Date: 2016-10-28 03:35 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] borgmama1of5.livejournal.com
I can't imagine how she felt reading John's journal...but this gives me an idea...

Date: 2016-10-30 11:38 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] somersault-j.livejournal.com
*cries forever* Why do you keep brekaing my heart? (Kidding, please keep doing it.) This was perfect. Loved it :)

Profile

tifaching: (Default)
tifaching

December 2016

S M T W T F S
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728 293031

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 07:57 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios