tifaching: (alastair dean)
[personal profile] tifaching
It was my dad's 89th birthday Saturday and I drove up to New Hampshire to spend the weekend with him.  He's still a little down from his heart surgery last winter but he's so much better it's amazing.  I picked up some really nice steaks and a tiny birthday cake and we watched a ball game and then the end of Shane (he loves movies of all eras and is a font of information on the ones of his youth) and had a great time.  He bought himself a smart phone (he's been coveting, oh, everyone's) and I helped him get it set up to the best of my ability.  He's still without voicemail but I'm hoping one of my nephews can handle that the next time they're home.

Sunday we were going to go golfing but it was only in the forties so we decided to give that a miss.  My brother came down for the afternoon and I made mac and cheese and we watched another ball game and had a another great time.  Later in the evening one of my best friends came by to visit and we had a good catching up.

So, two very awesome days this weekend and I thought I'd better record them.  ;)

Date: 2016-09-27 03:38 am (UTC)
tabaqui: (Default)
From: [personal profile] tabaqui
Aw, lovely! Sounds like the perfect kind of days. :)

Date: 2016-10-01 04:10 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tifaching.livejournal.com
They were lovely.

Date: 2016-09-27 07:13 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] somersault-j.livejournal.com
So glad to hear your Dad is doing better :) And I'm glad you had a few amazing days over the weekend :D

Date: 2016-10-01 04:12 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tifaching.livejournal.com
It's really a relief to see him doing so much better. And you've got to seize the good times when you can.

Date: 2016-09-27 01:23 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] milly-gal.livejournal.com
I'm so glad you had such a lovely couple of days! x♥x

Date: 2016-10-01 04:13 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tifaching.livejournal.com
Thanks Milly! Me too!

Date: 2016-09-27 10:22 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] a-phoenixdragon.livejournal.com
Definitely happy-things!

*HUGS*

Date: 2016-10-01 04:13 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tifaching.livejournal.com
Hugs right back at you, my dear!

Date: 2016-09-29 12:40 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] amberdreams.livejournal.com
Shane! I cried buckets when I first saw that film...

Date: 2016-10-01 04:14 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tifaching.livejournal.com
I know, right? Great old film.

Profile

tifaching: (Default)
tifaching

December 2016

S M T W T F S
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728 293031

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 09:43 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios